- Total Time: 15 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Servings: 1
One of the key ingredients in chai tea and spice tea, cinnamon has a delicious, naturally sweet flavor and is one of the oldest known spices. Widely used in cooking and in traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, cinnamon is touted as a natural remedy with a variety of health benefits. Following is the Cinnamon Tea Recipe.
- 1 cinnamon stick (Ceylon cinnamon)
- 1 cup (8 oz. or about 250 mL) boiling water
- 1 tea bag (regular or decaffeinated black tea or herbal tea)
- Optional: honey (or another sweetener) to taste
- Place the cinnamon stick in a mug.
- Add the boiling water and steep the cinnamon stick tea, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the teabag. Steep for one to two additional minutes. Remove the tea bag and cinnamon stick.
- Sweeten to taste, if desired.
If you use black tea (either regular or decaffeinated), you can add in warm milk or a dairy-free substitute and sweeten it to taste with honey or maple syrup. This will add flavour to your easy cinnamon tea recipe.
Instead of black tea, you can substitute a rooibos or honeybush teabag.
If you prefer to drink it without black tea, you can omit the tea bag, however try adding 1 to 2 thin slices of fresh ginger to the cup before steeping for a spicy kick. For an additional flavor boost, add a dash of turmeric and black pepper with the ginger before steeping.
You can also squeeze a lemon or lime wedge into the tea.
Enjoy it out. This how you brew a cup a perfect cup of tea. Comment below on how you liked it. If you want to explore the different teas of India, visit our store.
eTEAology is an online store made in India for tea lovers across the world. Our store has a wide variety of teas from all over India. You could follow us on social media below: